NominationNominate your Autism Hero today!
Nominations are now open until 6th September 2019. There are twelve categories in total for this year, for each application please do not write no more than 300 (Three hundred) words with examples how and why you feel that this individual(s) should win this category for the Autism Hero Award 2019 – click here to read more about the categories.
Please click on the button below to download the nomination form:
Complete this form and either email with a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you prefer send by post to: Anna Kennedy Online, Brook House, 54a Cowley Mill Road, Uxbridge UB8 2FX
The video can be sent by email links, memory stick or file sharing platforms.
Nominate your hero using the form below
- Autism Hero Awards - Nomination form 2019
- Nominate your hero!
Autism Hero Awards - Nomination form 2019
HOW TO ENTER
- 1. Choose the category for which you want to nominate your colleague or yourself.
2. If you are entering more than one category, separate entry forms must be completed.
3. Read the rules of entry carefully.
4. Write an account of no more than 300 words saying why your nominee should be considered. An additional account from a colleague, or service user / family carer is helpful but not essential.
5. Please make sure that the name of the nominee / entrant and the award category is included on all separate pieces of supporting information
6. Please attach a video of up to one minute stating the reason for your nomination with your application
7. Complete this entry form and attach it to all other separate pieces of supporting information.
8. Closing date for entries 6th September 2019.
There are twelve categories in total for this year, for each application please do not write no more than 300 (Three hundred) words with examples how and why you feel that this individual(s) should win this category for the Autism Hero Award 2019.
1. Outstanding Education Award
This honour is for an individual who goes that extra mile to help a child/young person with Autism within an educational setting. We will be looking for an example(s) of how and why you feel this person is being nominated. Nominees falling into this category must be one of the following: Teacher, Teaching Assistants/Learning Support Assistants, Nursery Nurses, SENco/ALNcos, Head Teachers or Lunch supervisors
2.People’s Autism Hero Award
This award is for an individual who works tirelessly in a voluntary role to raise Autism Awareness here in UK and campaigns for changes in Autism Services, an individual who goes above and beyond their profession to help people with Autism and their families.
3. Sibling of the Year Award
This honour is for a brother or a sister who constantly supports their sibling with Autism in everyday life. Please note that it is not the number of nominations received for a person that counts. It is the person’s achievements/ qualities that our judges will be looking for.
4. Parent/Carer of the Year Award
This award will be presented to a parent or carer that has exceeded expectations. Please provide an example(s) of why you feel this special person is to be considered.
5. Creative Arts and Media Awards
This honour is for a child or adult with Autism that has exceeded expectations in a creative or performing arts. This could be art, design, music, dance or any performing talent that has shown individuality and talent that has inspired the world of Autism.
6. Personal Achievement Award
This award is for a child or adult with Autism that has exceeded their proficiency. Please provide an example(s) of how the nominee has gone beyond expectations and why you feel this special person is an admirable winner.
7. The Lifetime Award
This honour is for an individual who has worked with dedication and commitment for Autism for the past 10+ years. This person will have raised Autism Awareness and may have campaigned for changes that have helped people with Autism, their daily lives and their families.
8. The Entrepreneurial Award
This identifies an entrepreneur for a child or adult with Autism that has an exceptional success through the process of designing, launching, and running a new business or a small business who has made a real difference and contributed meaningfully to the world through your work.
9.Young Person of the Year Award
Open to young age 10 to 25 years old who have made outstanding progress to achieve something they are enormously proud of and/or has done something to help others, including those with Autism.
10. Online Social Network Award
This merit will be presented to any group or organisation that uses an online social network for people with Autism and their families; to give opportunities for people to meet others, make friends and find support within the Autism community.
11. Outstanding Community Award
This recognises the best individual or groups that have a visionary flair. This could be singers, dancers, artists, musicians and designers that inspire the world of Autism and show individuality and talent for the most dynamic community project.
12. Leading Business Award – for Autism friendly companies
This honour is for a company or business, that have been fully inclusive and to provide opportunities to individuals and given them a secure platform to accelerate.
Please select one category to make your selection
Please type/write your supporting statement
Please do not write more than 300 words
Please attach a video of up to one minute stating the reason for your nomination with your application (optional)
The name of whom you are nominating
Address and full postal code
The name of person making this nomination:
Who should we contact if the nominee is short listed?
Rules for entry
Please note the main contact will be made via telephone and email so please ensure direct contact details are noted wherever possible. Please ensure you have enclosed each of the following:
• A statement of up to 300 words saying why you think the nominee should win the Award.
• Please make sure that the name of the nominee / entrant and the award category is included on any separate sheet of supporting information and included with this entry form
• The awards are open to everyone.
• All entries are treated confidentially.
• Entries will be judged by a panel of reputable independent and impartial adjudicators.
• Entries will not be returned.
• One copy of the submission is required.
• Use one entry form per entry. Photocopies are acceptable.
• Judging will take place on 11th September 2019
• All finalists will be notified by 20th September 2019
The winner will be announced at The Hero Awards Night on 16th November 2019 at The Radisson Hotel, Portman Square, London.